Monday, December 17, 2007

The Other Allens Christmas

We did the other half of the Allens Christmas yesterday. We enjoy this day so much, not just for the food, but the company and the great influences they try to instill on us!! They outdid themselves yesterday!! All of the food is provided by Reindeer Catering. We gave them this name as they cook for us on Christmas as their gift to us!! They relay their love of organic, free range, farmer's market products to us. Yesterday's turkey was perhaps the best turkey I've ever had, and my Mom and Grandmother do and did great turkeys!! It was just so moist with no effort from the cooks!! Or at least they didn't reveal it!! Carrot souffle, if you know me at all you no I hate most any orange veggies, yams (yuk, carrots, double yuk) will not even try them in any fashion. But, as a courtesy to Morgan and a show of my utmost gratitude for their cooking, I put a dime size spot of Eric's dads secret carrot souffle on my plate. Morgan caught me and had me increase my portion to QUARTER size!! I put it off to the last item on my plate was cleared, including the corn kernel ice cream (they have no fear) and put the carrots on my fork, secretly pinched my nose, and swallowed. WOW, you couldn't taste the carrots, I went back for a large second helping, they were great. Only thing is we can't get the recipe, so I don't have to eat carrots still, unless the carrot souffle shows up a family gatherings again. This year, Reindeer Catering not only provided suburb food, but they expanded the repertoire to include entertainment!! They are both unbelievably proficient in the computer gadget fields, Eric making a nice living at it infact. They brought their WiII (spelling ??) We all had a smashing good time with that!! Bowling, Tennis, right in the cozy atmosphere of the living room!! I majorly can't play tennis, but the bowling I could do!! Also found out the Reindeer Catering has competitive streaks!! They played tennis so fast, I never even could keep up with the ball!! Needless to say fun times were had by all!!
Christmas gifts were amazing, I have a speaker system for my I-pod, watch people Bon Jovi is available for everybody's listening pleasure now!!!! Marty painted the most amazing ornaments for each of us!! All of our kids were present, which doesn't happen for often for us!! Fun, superb family memories. Thanks to everyone!!
Julie with her new man-friend, Jamie Oliver (her naked chef)

Reindeer Catering, getting very vicious with WiII game (again spelling ???)

The star of the show, the best - moist turkey I've ever had!!

1 comment:

Eric said...

So glad you enjoyed. No telling what the sled will bring next year!

Love,

Morgan and Eric