Monday, July 21, 2008

103!

Our temp today is supposed to be 103 degrees, that's not including the horrible humid heat index. Living inside today!! That is after walking, a pedicure, and a car wash!!! Cleaning out the frig for dinner!! Somebody told me last night that I looked like I had lost weight, she was serious too!!! Hallelujah!!! I downloaded a book onto my i-pod, (a mystery about the painting of the Last Supper!) so off I go on my 3 miles on the off days from the gym!! I changed my mind (again) for my submission to the state fair. I have a sketch of it. I'll have to share with you later!! I finished my pictures of Israel. I have about 1/2 to journal still, but it's all done but the writing!! Only 122 pages!!! It's going to have to be split into 2 volumes weight toooo heavy as it is!! Oh, I e-mailed Kaffe Fassett's family restaurant Nepethene in Big Sur (where the horrible fire was/is). I had seen them on CNN saying they were going to stay and try to save the restaurant and shops, mainly because it's a huge attraction to the area, a huge contribution to the arts and they have generations invested in the business and area. They e-mailed me back, said they had made it and thanks for my concern!! How nice to return my e-mail in the midst of all that turmoil and chaos!!! So everybody, if you're in the Big Sur area, eat and shop at Nepethene!! They need your help!!