Friday, September 28, 2007

Fireman Quilt



It's finished and here it is.

The top picture is it done, without the 9 on the yellow emblem, and the bottom picture is a closeup of how I quilted the whole thing. It is binded in my red hand dyed fabric, and the firemen's emblem (cross like object) is embroidered on a solid sheet of red on the back. I have my label on the back explaining the symbolism. This is my label: (Hand dyed and commercial fabric, hand sewing, machine quilted. The White background symbolizes sympathy for the families left behind, quilted shapes represent the chaos of flames, the helmet is embellished with soot. The Chin Strap of the Helmet has the names of all 9 Firemen who perished that day, providing strength, courage and most of all protection for all firemen in all future fires.)

No comments: