Sunday, September 30, 2007

Halloween 101

It's beginning to look a little spooky here on Lake Murray, SC. I've been putting Halloween up all day!! I put my whole spooky village (dept 56) in my glass plates with domes, it looks really cool. I saw someone on the web somewhere do that last year and have had it in my head to do ever since. Of course, one never has enough power plugs and adapters, so off to the store tomorrow, yet again for more Halloween necessities, yah right!! Bogie is all excited to see things turn black and orange here, he loves decorating too! Martha Stewart had some good images in her Halloween Issue this year, I've used a couple of them!! Of course, to placate the husband, I have to keep up some art work and "lakey" stuff, none of which matches Halloween... at all!! But a happy husband is a happy home!! Starbucks sort of freaks out at Halloween, he gets very nervous, him being almost solid black, but he fits the decor!! Can't come up with a costume for Bogie for the Pet Smart costume contest. Last year is was Bogie's Anatomy and the year before that it was Desperate Housedog! He's won crowd favorite both years, but the dogs can't get prizes, because it would show favoritism and we don't want the pets to have fragile egos!! They give all pets a little chew toy and then have a parade!! Of course, my dog tries to pee on every display the store has (you know he has to do the alpha male thing, him being all of 9 lbs!!)
Halloween 2006

Halloween 2005

No comments: