Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to Reality

Well...... I'm back in the US, no more food prepared for us, no more lovely umbrella drinks, no more beautiful sandy beaches, no more reading in the middle of the day, no more looking at older, fatter sun burnt women with no tops!!
The Europeans are so much more freer (sp ?) with their bodies than us US citizens. Me, I had a one piece on, an athletic skirt over my big fat bottom, then when I left the beach I had a huge cover up on!! Ken said I needed to loosen up, me I feel a little left to the imagination is a good thing. Plus 46 year old skin that is starting to sag is just not pretty no matter what country you are from!!
We had a lovely time - the girls were delightful!! We giggled with them a lot, Brielle is adorable and so good for Lili, she loosens Lili up too!!
We stayed at Riu Negril. It was an all-inclusive resort. Apparently this is a big thing with the
Europeans, me I had never heard of such a thing. I was like being on a cruise, they feed you, they house you, they fulfill your liquid desires and you pay one price. The girls got massages, that was extra and Ken and I snorkeled one day, that was extra, otherwise all was paid for. Jamaica - no don't get mad at me if any of my "huge" fan base is Jamaican, but that island is dirty!! The people are so poor - granted I only saw from Montego Bay west to Negril (about an hour -and a half van ride each way but the trash 0n the side of the roads, was horrible. I would think for the sake of their economy which is based hugely on tourism, the government would make the citizens keep it clean. But whatever, we had a great time, but I would never venture out of a resort area if we go back. The people seemed to be so lovely, so happy and carefree, everything is "yea mon" Nobody is hurried about schedules or deadlines, maybe that has something to do with the readily available drug culture!! Ken was asked a few times if he needed any - he and I did venture into the Negril craft market. It rained so hard that the water in the street came up to my knees and let me just say this water was not CLEAN by any means!! Did I say we had a good time, we did - stay in a resort!! Maybe I am too uptight, naw, I'm perfect just like I am!!

Blogger is not taking my pictures, you just have to wait on those!!

No comments: