Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Tiny Setback!!

Well... I spent Thursday in the Emergency Room. I started my morning at the gym, just like any normal Thursday. I did my workout with my trainer, then did some more mileage on the treadmill. I was really winded and "tingly" after the treadmill, so I sat for a minute until I could get my breath. Well, it went down hill from there. I got really "tingly" everywhere and my hands and feet started drawing up like lobster claws. Then my face started it too, I could hardly talk, couldn't form my mouth (now that's bad, when we can't talk!) So, they gym people called my parents, only a mile down the road, they were going to come get me and I was going to rest up at their house, then go home. Well, by the time they came, the dr at the gym, said call an ambulance, my pulse was really weak and he was afraid I was having a stroke. (not to mention all my normal heart issues!) So..... after an ekg, cat skan, blood work, pee test, yada, yada, it was determined that I was extremely low on electrolytes and potassium. I now need to take Gatorade to the gym, not just plain water. So.... untold thousands of dollars and hours later, they sent me home. The only lasting effect is I'm sooooo very weak!! All my energy has been depleted from my system. I get winded just walking down the hall or up to the mailbox. And the very worst part is I've missed my hair appointment, now everybody is going to know how much gray hair I really have!!!

No comments: