Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bald Eagle

One of the best parts about living on Lake Murray (besides the obvious scenery) is the wildlife. We have had the same Great Blue Heron living in our cove for about 6 years. We hear him go out every morning to fish, he makes a horrific screeching noise when he takes off to fly. He sometimes fishes the bank of our lot, walking slowly along the shore looking for food. He loves to sit on the rolled up top of the pontoon boat, unfortunately, what he eats must come out. That doesn't please the husband very much. The last couple of weeks we have noticed him flying about with a friend. We are hoping it's a girlfriend, and maybe we will have little herons!! But yesterday took the cake, I saw a Bald Eagle. We have several up here, the electric company has made nests for them, and many people see them all the time. This is my third eagle since I've lived here, but man what a sight, glad to be an American and that bird is my symbol!!

I spent 4 hours waiting for my brakes to be fixed, didn't exactly have that much spare time, but what could I do. So, I'm knee deep in Sisters In Service work, our bi-annual fund raiser is next week. After that I'm going to try my hand at dying my own fabric!! I'll take pictures of the procedure.

Can't wait for warm weather again!!

No comments: