Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cedar Creek, Congaree Swamp



Went on a canoe trip with our Kayak and a rented one for me on Cedar Creek which feeds into the Congaree River. Only went for about 3 hours. Weather was perfect, I had a fleece on the first half of the trip and a t-shirt the rest. Only saw one turtle and a woodpecker, but the cypress trees with the Spanish Moss hanging in them were magnificent! The average tree is about 150 years old. Had to stop for a wildlife retrieval moment just now. Starbucks has brought in about 2-3 animals a day in the last week! Friday it was two lizards and a baby bird, just now it was a lizard! He's keeping me busy, imagine what he could do if he was coordinated and had front claws!! Anyhow, the trip was great, I would do it again in a minute, but I do need a paddle lesson, somehow I manage to get water in the boat (thank goodness my camera was ok!) We ate with Milton, Jean, Larry & Ruth last night, we were so silly! Milton had just completed shed 3, 30,000 sq feet with four bay doors, kitchen and bathroom facilities. I would kill for 1/10 of that for a studio!! He said it was going to cost him $9,000 to paint the floor, do you know how much fabric that would buy??? Ugh, Men!! We also examined Jean's bird boxes, she had four babies in one (pictures later), so cute they were ugly. I finally have some down time this coming week, I'm really going to try to dye my fabric now. I have designed on paper an amazing art quilt, called "The Beginnings of Piece" or "Nothing's Left to Chance". The design and the name all came to me in a matter of 5 minutes. I couldn't keep up with my pencil. It was so cool!! Can't wait to do it!!

No comments: