Friday, April 13, 2007

Sisters In Service

What is Sisters in Service you ask? A non profit woman's organization that helps working people/families in times of crisis. We've helped people that had their house catch on fire, helped people with meds, helped a man get a wheel chair lift in his truck, we've taken people to doctors who can no longer drive. This year besides helping financially we also adopted a building at our local nursing home and do birthday parties once a month. We have two big fundraisers a year, spring and fall. This lady is Milton's mother, she's 94 and was born on the 4th of July, 1912. Our spring fundraiser is next Tuesday and we are having a table setting display/auction/competition. My table is Birthday at Tiffany's, all done in Tiffany's blue with crystal and silver. I will get a picture of it as soon as finish some of my sewing!! Speaking of sewing, that's my agenda for today and all weekend. Ken bought a kayak and is going on a trip tomorrow down one of the rivers, so I won't feel guilty sewing!! My sinuses are finally letting up a little. My face was so swollen yesterday, even Ken noticed! Got to go sew!

No comments: