Monday, May 21, 2007

Edisto River

Had a great time kayaking on the Edisto River. We put in above Colleton State Park and got out just past the State Park. All in all a 7 mile trip, beautiful day!! We saw lots of turtles, yellow finch, ibis, very fresh dear tracks, luckily no snakes and no alligators. I did have a spider in my boat for the longest time, finally got him out! I would have pictures, BUT my camera had to go to the emergency room!! Kept in my life vest for easy retrieval for pictures, and when we docked I got up, and camera went right thru the vest to the water!! We immediately took out the chip and batteries let it stay in sun the whole way home and used a hair dryer on it. All the screens are no longer foggy, I'm hopping it will be ok. Luckily my chip only had that days pictures, I store them immediately on the computer, so we shall see. We are worn out!! This week is unclogged on purpose and Lili graduates on Saturday early in the morning. We've just had a very hard 2 months and I think both Ken and I have aged years this last six months. We are resting this whole week, yippee!!

No comments: