Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Manic Tuesday!

Ok, there are days when you shouldn't get out of bed!!

Mom & Dad and I started out at 6:45 a.m. for our road trip to Beaufort, to stalk some antique dealers that are mentioned on HGTV. Trip uneventful, saw the dealers, talked with them, saw their homes, all was great, had good lunch, had fun shopping, no major purchases except pink toile crocs!! Really cute!! On the way home, we stop for the afternoon ice cream cravings, and get back onto 95 headed towards 26 and home. I get home, eat my horrible Taco Bell tacos and Mom calls, "do you have my wallet in your car?" "Gulp, I'm going to look, nope it's not here, are you sure - well, I'll look again, nope not here, not in any of my bags." "I must have left it at the Dairy Queen, 45 miles south of here!!" "Quick, cancel your credit card, and we will deal with the rest in the morning." Try calling the parents again in about 15 minutes, no answer, call my sister, no answer, then sister calls me from Mom & Dad's house, where are the parents? "I don't know, I bet they went back to the Dairy Queen to look for the wallet!" At 11:30 pm. I can't stand it any longer, call Sister, yes the parents finally got home not more than 15 minutes ago, and no wallet." I frantically call them at 7:00 a.m. this morning, of course, nobody has slept, the mom is getting ready to go into cardiac arrest, hyperventilating, throwing up, crying - the works! Dad is frantically trying to figure how to replace Social Security Cards, State ID card (Mom doesn't drive). How do I replace the pictures of you girls that was in that wallet, that's only the 3rd wallet I've had in my life, - oh, my God the very last $2.00 Grandpa gave us the cross the Bay Bridge going home from their house was in there too", (he always paid our bridge fair, a family joke and tradition) Grandpa's been dead since 1990 or 1991. Everybody calms down enough to get in my car, headed towards the Strom Thurmond Federal Bldg to the Social Security office (yes we name our buildings after great Americans). Mom screams at the top of her voice, Oh my God - we are all thinking "this is it Ethel, I'm coming") but no she's delighted with joy, because in her hands is the wallet!! Who would have thought she would have tucked it into a little side pocket on the door so as not to melt ice cream on her "3rd" wallet. There in tack was the social security card, the old pictures of us as teenagers, the $2.00 from 1990, the state ID, the whole shabang. I felt horrible, because my parents didn't sleep a wink, fretting over the cocaine dealers on Interstate 95 that had her identity and they just knew her name was going to be part of the CNN scroll when that drug dealer sold her info to the Taliban and they could get into this country. We laugh now, but it was really scary to see her that upset and at my expense no less!! Hopefully she remembers that she got to see these neat antique people in Beaufort!! No more Ice Cream breaks!! and if you leave anything in my car, come look for it yourself!!

I come home this morning after groceries and bible study to greet my wonderful Starbucks with a snake in his mouth (about 9 inches long and all black) he drops it at my feet (as if I'm worthy of a snake now), I grab 16 paper towels, squish the snake in them, and run out the front door, all the way up my driveway, and across the street into some weeds, so that Starbucks can't find the thing and bring it back in the house. When I threw the snake into the grass, he slivers off. That thing was alive in my hands and I carried it all the way up the drive!! Now my back is killing me again, from stooping over to sew three logos on some chef jackets from Drew. I'm making homemade pizza's, watching the Queen with Helen Miram, drinking wine and going to bed (probably not in that order though!) Plus the ice machine man fixed the ice machine for the 1300 time.

Yeah, I know there are children starving in Darfur, and soldiers getting hurt and killed for no reason at all everyday. I really am just whining or wining as I like to say!!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Well, golly! Glad I wasn't back there for the drama! And you thought I was the drama queen!