Saturday, May 24, 2008

Shabbat Shalom Y'all !!

Well, we are on our last day, sleep on the plane tonight, and home in the morning. Happy Memorial Day to all!! Yesterday was very moving!! Made it to House of Caiaphes, Kay did a teaching of this in the early morning!! We saw the 40 steps that Jesus used when Judas betrayed him and the 40 steps he took to the upper room for the Last Supper!! The pit Jesus was dropped in (didn't remember that part) where they rubbed vinegar in his wounds then soothed them with honey, only to let them heal for a short while where the would rub more vinegar into them, continuing this process. After breakfast we went to the Israel Museum and saw the model of the City of Jerusalem, then the Dead Sea Scrolls!!! After all that we went to the Garden Tomb, and had communion after seeing where Jesus was reserected!! Communion was held in a little chapel, so moving, imaging singing Amazing Grace at church, now image singing that in Jerusalem at the Garden Tomb, after communion where you learn you get to keep the cup!! Not a dry eye in the house!!! My eyes are really puffy this morning. We are on to one last teaching from Kay, the Holocoust Museum and then it is time to pack, eat our "last supper" and on to the airport!!! This trip, oh my, this trip, once in a lifetime!!!
Kenny, don't forget us in the a.m.!!! I know you won't!!! I miss you!!!
Please everybody forgive my spelling!!! I need to brush up on my Hebrew typing skills!!! We didn't get to go on the computers yesterday, it was Shabbat, no work allowed!!
Love to all, Beth & Dolly!!

Mother - don't worry, my health has been very good, not even the first skip of the heart!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! WOW! And WOW! I know you probably won't see this till you get home, but what an amazing trip! How special! Truly a trip of a life time! I can't wait to hear all about it! Call me when you've recuperated and are pre-pared to spend hours on the phone! Love you! Sis#2