Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday in Jerusalem

We survived the early wake up call. We did the Mt of Olives and had a teaching from Kay. She really has been amazing. Walked down the Palm Sunday Road to the Garden of Gadsemenne (sorry for spelling!) Very moving, saw real olive treese that you know had to be at least 1000 years old!!! Wow!! Went to Tower of David museum, very well done, but that spot is not the real biblical spot. Weather was much more tolerable today, yesterday was very hot!!! I've got a great Isreali tan!!! Got some great wall hangings that will be used in an art quilt!! Bought a skirt that I intend to tear apart for the fabric, (it was cheaper that way!) I forgot to say we are staying in the Sheraton Hotel, the other hotel has most of our people, but it is full!! About 30 people are here. Fruit and veggies in this country are awesome. We had Pickled plums today, very good!! Still don't like the dates, but Dolly loves them, she has a handful of dates everyday. Oh, the olives are to kill for!!! yum. Saw lots of soldiers here today, even the off duty soldiers carry loaded machine guns!! You hear helicopters at least every 15 minutes overhead, so very safe here!!! At the Western Wall, we go thru security 2 times!!! People here from all over the world. We've met some amazing people here from our tour too!! Ken, you wouldn't have been able to handle the crowds, nobody does lines organized - and you wouldn't not have been able to convert them, even with a booming voice!!! Are Jewish Guide, Avi is so great, he's also in the Air Force Reserve, all married men serve until they are 45, they are called the old guys, so they will be last to be called, but he trains anti aircraft skills regularly. He's also quite a star here, he's a private guide also, taking people like Laura Bush on special tours. He also does commercials for Honda Motors!! I'm spending sheckles!!!! Ok, I'm tired, tomorrow, hopefully Kinnest, Supreme Court, and shopping for Dolly - my sheckles are gone, but I won't pass up a bargin!! Friday off to the Dead Sea, Dead Sea Scrolls and Masada!!! Wow!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing. I took wed off to spend the day with L at the lake. We miss you. See you Monday. K

Anonymous said...

What a posting! Nice to read the little details like the olives and what you're buying! I am so enjoying reading about this trip! Miss talking to you! Sis#2

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! I agree w/Sis#2 like the details. What kind of meat do you eat? Can I put some scheckls into your acct so you can buy Sis#1 stuff??? I wish I had invited myself to go with! Love the details lets see more of those! And don't worry your sewing room has soooo much room for all the new items you are purchasing!

Anonymous said...

Hey take a picture of a gas sign, would love to see what they are paying. Thanks J

Anonymous said...

Hey, Had an "Ari" in one of my classes. Then the family moved to Israel.HMMM?! Love all your blogs--don't shop toooo much. Love, M&D

Anonymous said...

Julie don't clean my sewing room!!! The fabric here is not exactly what i want!! I do have some though, which I already had made room for!!! Love ya!!